Dispute a Background Report
If You’re a Candidate and Information Is Wrong or Missing on Your Background Report
If you are a candidate and believe there is an error or missing information in your background report, you have the right to dispute the accuracy of any information contained in the consumer report or investigative consumer report prepared by Cisive, in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). You are encouraged to familiarize yourself with those rights.
Click here to view the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
You have several options should you wish to register a dispute.
1. Candidate Portal
If you have a login and password, and are managing tasks on a candidate portal, you can submit your dispute via the portal. Simply select the task to “Initiate a Dispute or Provide Additional Explanations” and follow the instructions.
Click here to log in.
- If you have forgotten your password, please enter your username or email address. We will issue you a new temporary password. This information will be sent to your registered email address.
- If you cannot remember your username or email address, or encounter other login problems, please contact the Help Desk at 631-862-9300, ext. 440, for further assistance.
2. Contact the Dispute Hotline: 855-881-0716
3. Fax, Email, or Mail
Please provide the following information in an email or hardcopy format:
- Full name
- Year of birth only
- Contact number or email address
- Description of the dispute
- Optional: The name of the company you are applying with and case number
Email: [email protected]
1030 Lillington Highway
Spring Lake, NC 28390